Wolfrum Roofing & Exteriors are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our team.
The Estimator is a critical position within Wolfrum Roofing and Exteriors, LLC. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required successfully bidding and winning the project. Estimators must aggressively follow up with vendors and subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators also work with the customers to follow up on bids and budgets to close the business.
- Wage is based on experience
- A 90-day job review is offered with compensation based on performance
- Health, Dental, Disability, Life, and Vision benefits are offered after 90-day period for full-time employees
- 401k is offered after a 90-day period for full-time employees
- Prepares and maintains status of plan production
- Solicits and maintains communications with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages
- Prepares vendor material lists for pricing
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors and vendors on bid day
- Contacts vendor to obtain material quotes
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from vendors and subcontractors
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline – no exceptions
- Logs all revenant information
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions on every bid
- Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned
- Minimize exclusions and delivers a complete package pricing to customers
- Include value-engineering ideas with bids
FOLLOW-UP AND CLOSING:
- Consistently follow up on submitted bids and budgets with customers to close buisness.
- Knows customers and develops relationships with architects, general contractors, construction managers, brokers, property managers, and can close business
- Properly turns over bid documents and vendor quotes to Project Management in a timely manner
- Review project documents with Project Management and highlight areas of concern.
- Review job cost with Project Management team and highlight any subs/vendors of concern
- After job award work with Project Managers to diligently create, log, and send required submittals to customers
BUILD LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS:
- Handle all sub contractor and vendor interactions in a manner to build a long-term relationship
- Handle all customer interactions in a manner to build long-term relationships
- Understand and act in a manner to develop a “one team” attitude within WRE. Any differences in opinions shall remain internal. All WRE will speak to customers and vendors in “one voice”.
NEVER STOP IMPROVING:
- Initiate personal development program to build professional and leadership skills.
- Read local businesses and relevant construction trade publications.
- Research and maintain technological excellence in your work environment
- Develop creative solutions to problems
- Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible
- Complete all activities with a price of ownership “as if it was YOUR name on the door”.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must know Microsoft Office
- Must have general strong computer skills
- Must be self-motivated and punctual
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills both internally and externally
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech
- Must be able to reach plans and specifications
- This position has a construction office environment but may require occasional job site visits to obtain job specific information to prepare cost estimates (work vehicle is supplied).
- Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
- Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Some travel may be required.
- Call 614.869.7567 to schedule an appointment
- Submit application to email@example.com